Give the Gift of Life – Become an Organ Donor
- Did you know that more than 3,000 Michigan residents are waiting for an organ?
- Did you know that one organ donor can save up to 8 lives?
- Did you know that one tissue donor can improve the lives of up to 75 people?
- Did you know that there is no age limit to become a donor?
- Did you know that 60% of adult residents in the State of Michigan are already registered?
- Have you considered becoming a donor but are not sure how to register?
Libraries across Michigan will be participating in Michigan Libraries for Life during the week of October 10-16, 2019. During this time, you will have the opportunity to register to give the Gift of Life and become an organ donor. For more information, go to Gift of Life Michigan and check out their website for FAQs, donor stories, and why YOU should become a donor today.
The following Monroe County Library System branches will be sponsoring organ donation displays at their branches. Look for the Michigan Libraries for Life table inside the library and contact a staff person to sign up for the registry.
Ellis Library & Reference Center