About Summer Reading
Children and teens who participate in summer library programs benefit from engaging activities and opportunities which promote literacy development and help counter the summer slide. Summer library programs for all ages enhance lifelong learning and provide meaningful, enjoyable experiences available to everyone in the community. The State Library is proud to support libraries in this endeavor.
Children’s Summer Reading 2022
Combat the summer slide with exciting weekly programs from your Monroe County Library System! The 2022 program explores Oceans of Possibilities at your local branch.
- Beginning June 21, 2022, visit your local branch for story times, crafts, play groups, and more!
- Complete your Summer Reading Log to redeem for special prizes.
Find an event near you and register at https://bit.ly/mclssummerevents.
Complete your summer reading log to receive special prizes.
- Reading logs can be picked up at any library branch beginning June 21st.
- Show your completed reading log at any MCLS branch to receive a free prize book, donated by Directions Credit Union.
- Showing your completed reading log at Directions Credit Union, located at 15470 S. Telegraph Rd in Monroe, will result in a $5 deposit in your child’s savings account.
We’d like to thank Directions Credit Union for their partnership and sponsorship of this year’s program.