Bedford 3D Printer
The Monroe County Library System doesn’t just share books with our patrons, we also share technology. This includes a 3D printer. The Bedford Library has an Creality Ender 3 3D printer. Patrons can request to have an item printed by filling out our 3D printer request form. All items on this printer are created using PLA filament. If you have any questions about the printer or printing process, please contact the Bedford Branch Library at 734-847-6747.
Steps to get an item printed:
1. Create your own file or try to find one online. Thingiverse.com is a great site for this. Popular items to print include cookie cutters and replacement board game pieces.
2. Verify that the file is in .stl format.
3. Make sure the file fits our printer size. We can only print files that are within the 220mm x 220mm x 250mm size restriction.
4. Check our 3D printer policy for any rules and restrictions regarding 3D prints. Examples of restrictions- no weapons or drug paraphernalia will be printed.
6. We will call or email you when your item is ready for pickup.
7. Pay and pick-up your item at the Bedford Branch Library within seven days of being contacted. The cost for an item is 10 cents a gram.