Custer Resources Available at MCLS
About the Collection
The George Armstrong Custer Collection of the Monroe County Library System is a multi-media resource center which specializes in the life and times of General George Armstrong Custer. The collection houses numerous books on the Civil War, Indians and the Custer story- but also maintains a wide variety of maps, photographs, video tapes, slides, sound recordings, paintings, and an extensive subject/vertical file.
Visiting and Research
- The collection is housed at the Ellis Library & Reference Center, 3700 South Custer, Monroe, Michigan, and is available for use by appointment only.
- Please call 734-241-5277 and ask for Reference
- Materials in the collection do not circulate. However, librarians from the Reference Department will be happy to assist individuals in gathering the necessary items from the collection. Photocopying is available for a nominal charge.
- Lawrence A. Frost Collection of Custeriana
- George Armstrong Custer Chronology
- The Custers in Monroe
- Custer Related Sites in Monroe
- George A. Custer Collection Newspaper Microfilm
- Images from the George A. Custer Digital Collection
- Atlas of the Sioux Wars
- Battle of the Little Big Horn, 1876
- Battle of Washita
- Fort Peck Assiniboine and Sioux Tribal History
- Index of “The North American Indian”
- Little Big Horn Associates
- National Park Service – Little Bighorn Battlefield
- New Perspectives on the West – Crazy Horse
- George Armstrong Custer
- Sitting Bull
- Wyoming Newspaper Project
Images from the George A. Custer Collection
Discover images of General Custer, his family, and his life. Images from the George A. Custer Collection is a selection of materials contained within the Lawrence A. Frost Collection of Custeriana, made available online using Biblioboard. This collection includes carte de viste, daguerreotypes, and stereoscopic images.