Give the Gift of Life – Become an Organ Donor
- Did you know that more than 3,500 Michigan residents are waiting for an organ?
- Did you know that one donor can save up to 8 lives?
- Did you know that there is no age limit to become a donor? The oldest donor to date was 93.
- Did you know that 60% of adult residents in the State of Michigan are already registered?
- Have you considered becoming a donor but are not sure how to register?
Libraries across Michigan will be participating in Michigan Libraries for Life during the week of October 9-15, 2018. During this time, you will have the opportunity to register to give the Gift of Life and become an organ donor. For more information, go to Gift of Life Michigan and check out their website for FAQs, donor stories, and why YOU should become a donor today.
The Monroe County Library System will be sponsoring organ donation drives at the following branches. Look for the Michigan Libraries for Life table inside the library. Literature about organ donation will be available if the table is not staffed.
Dundee Branch Library – Saturday, October 6, 2018, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Dorsch Memorial Library – Tuesday, October 9, 2018, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Newport Branch Library – Tuesday, October 9, 2018, 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Bedford Branch Library – Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
South Rockwood Branch Library – Thursday, October 11, 2018, 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p. m.
Carleton Branch Library – Friday, Oct. 12, 2018, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Maybee Branch Library – Friday, Oct. 12, 2018, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Summerfield/ Petersburg Branch Library – Tuesday, October 13, 2018, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Ida Branch Library – Monday, Oct 15, 2018, 10:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Ellis Library & Reference Center – The Ellis Library will host an unstaffed table from October 10 – October 15 during regular business hours. Literature will be available there for pickup.