Library Temporarily Returns to Curbside
The Monroe County Library System will temporarily return to touch free curbside only services. The decision was made as a precautionary measure in light of the recent COVID-19 quarantine closing taking place at the Ellis Library & Reference Center.
Curbside services will be in effect starting Friday, April 16, 2021 and run until April 28. 2021. The Ellis Library & Reference Center is the only branch that will be closed during that time.
The Library will continue to monitor the situation.
About Curbside Services
- Patrons will be notified when their requested items are available for pick-up
- They can then call their local library branch to schedule a convenient time for touch free curbside delivery
Branch hours of operation have been modified to allow adequate time for staff to safely process materials. The most current hours of operation can be found here.
Select branches are able to offer 60 minute appointments for computer access in their community rooms. Please call for an appointment before arrival. These locations include:
- Bedford Branch Library
- Carleton Branch Library
- Frenchtown-Dixie Branch Library
- Ida Branch Library
- Petersburg Branch Library
Copy, Fax, and Mobile Printing Services
All branches are now providing copy, fax, and printing services. To allow for adequate staffing and social distancing, these services are available by curbside appointment and will be touch-free. Please contact your local library branch for more information, and to schedule a convenient time.
Need help with mobile printing? Click here.
At this time, no library branch is accepting donations of used books.
Dropbox and Returned Items
- Previously borrowed books may be returned to library drop boxes
- There will be no late fees on returned materials
- To minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus, all items are quarantined for a period of 4 days upon return to the Library. Items will remain checked-out on patron accounts during this quarantine time, but no late-fees will be accrued. After 4 days of quarantine, items will be checked-in and will no longer appear on patron accounts
Education at Home
The Library is actively striving to support parents and students in search of educational resources during the challenges brought on by COVID-19. A collection of reliable online resources have been refined especially for children, middle and high school students, college students, adults preparing for certification or extended education, and educators.
If you miss browsing our shelves and aren’t sure what to read or watch next, try the Library’s Personalized Recommendation Service. Complete a recommendation form and a librarian will create a customized reading list for you. We will contact you as soon as possible with our recommendations.
Senior Delivery Services
To inquire about Senior Delivery or curbside service for senior patrons, please call 734-241-5770 and ask for Library in Motion.
Need a Library Card?
Download a MCLS Library Card Registration Form and return it to your local branch.