Updated Mask Guidelines
When Visiting Our Branches
The Library will not require proof of vaccination when entering our buildings. Masks are required for entry, unless you have a MDHHS exception. Exceptions include:
- Fully vaccinated individuals (2 weeks past your final shot)
- Those under 2 years old
- A full list of exceptions is available online at michigan.gov/coronavirus
We want all of our visitors to have a positive library experience, and appreciate your patience and cooperation during this time.
Library Branches are Open
- Libraries are open for patrons to browse collections and use the computers.
- In keeping with recent guidelines and state health orders, branches will be operating at reduced capacity.
- Curbside service remains an option for those who prefer a touchless library experience.
- Computer use may still have time limits, depending on demand.
Keeping the Community Safe
Throughout the Monroe County Library System, enhanced safety protocols have been put in place to protect both patrons and staff. All library staff have received COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Training and will be wearing face coverings. Plexiglas shields have been installed at each of the 16 branches of the Monroe County Library System. Increased disinfecting schedules, particularly for high-touch surfaces, have been established.
Copy, Fax, and Mobile Printing Services
All branches are now providing mobile printing, allowing patrons the opportunity to print from their personal devices.
Need help with mobile printing? Click here.
Donations are now being accepted at the following branches:
- Blue Bush
- South Rockwood
Dropbox and Returned Items
- Branch drop boxes are open
- Previously borrowed books may be returned to library drop boxes
Education at Home
The Library is actively striving to support parents and students in search of educational resources during the challenges brought on by COVID-19. A collection of reliable online resources have been refined especially for children, middle and high school students, college students, adults preparing for certification or extended education, and educators.
As long as the CDC and the Monroe County Health Department guidelines require or recommend limiting the size of gatherings, branches will not be taking meeting room reservations.
Need a Library Card?
Download a MCLS Library Card Registration Form and return it to your local branch.
Not sure what to read next? Try the Library’s Personalized Recommendation Service. Complete a recommendation form and a librarian will create a customized reading list for you. We will contact you as soon as possible with our recommendations.
Senior Delivery Services
To inquire about Senior Delivery or curbside service for senior patrons, please call 734-241-5770 and ask for Library in Motion.